Hello Stranger...does anyone even read this thing?!?!?
Well March and most of April has flown by in flash as I have been insanely busy at work. I was too exhausted by the end of the day to muster out a blog post...so here I am. We will see how long I can stay this time :)
Basically you missed me running around at work like a chicken with its head cut off. I was super short staffed, going to more meetings than I can count, and began planning the biggest event this little Y has seen in quite some time. The big event is this Saturday, and I have to say I think it is going to be a great day. Other than that my life was pretty nonchalant. Opening day came and went, as I sat at a desk...but I did get out to a game eventually. We won. Go Rangers. Still haven't gotten any cotton candy though.
Quote of the last few weeks:
"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming."
That is all for now, maybe I will come back and recap more, but for now just focus!
February 7, 2014
1. I have been a leopard girl for as long as I can remember. My grandma bought me a cute little leopard backpack back in the 90's when small backpacks were a thing. I've had leopard leggings, leopard blankets, my grandpa even bought leopard sheets for my long hospital visit! I have never had leopard shoes though.....until now. I'm in love! These little beauties are from Banana Republic and are on sale on-line.
2. Barre Classes- I finally tried out a barre workout at an actual barre studio. Although I am the most inflexible person on earth and I could barely even get my leg onto the bar and once it was on there I just stood there looking at my foot, I still enjoyed it. Trust me just go to a class with me and you feel better about yourself.
3. It's February! The month of pink and red, chocolate, and hearts. What could be more fun? I love that chocolate candy keeps popping up in meetings. I know some people hate Valentines Day but, I love it, I always have. Even the 21 years I was never dating anyone on Valentine's Day. It's just a fun holiday. Pink M&M's are all I really need this month.
4. I am loving my new Anthropologie Quirky Heirloom Throw. I have been eyeing this throw for years, literally. Well the moment I had been waiting for finally happened...it went on sale! And....I had just gotten a gift card for Christmas! Perfect timing for me to finally buy the throw and I love it. Unfortunately it is all sold out now but there are a lot of other good options in the store. It's quite heavy so it does keep me warm even though there are a lot of "holes" in it. It is just a one of kind piece and I know I will keep forever.
5. Lastly, I really enjoyed the snow this week! Waking up to beautiful falling snow is so nice every once in a while. I made myself a big cup of coffee and watched the snow fall before I had to head off to work. You can't really tell from the pictures but snow was falling. I wish I could have enjoyed this all day long but I guess work is kind of important....